our oyster stout
Mashed with local barley malt along with a decidedly delicate blend of the finest caramel, chocolate and roasted malts. Fermented cool with our preferred house ale yeast for a touch of residual sweetness and a luxurious mouthfeel. Steeped on heaps of Virginia and North Carolina whole oysters. Blended with North Carolina sea salt for increased salinity and complexity.
Originally named after the Burke Arts Council and crafted for their annual oyster outing, we have been seasonally brewing this salted oyster stout for the past seven years. Historically one of the first beers intentionally paired with food, the calcium carbonate in the oyster shells help cut the acidity from dark roasty malts and lend a smooth and salty finish.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases