Lagered Saison Brewed with Heritage Rice
Mashed with local barley malts courtesy of our friends at Riverbend Malt House
of Asheville, North Carolina along with heaps heritage Charleston Gold rice from
Marsh Hen Mills of South Carolina. Fermented cool with our clean and crisp
house saison yeast blend. As fermentation was coming to an end, we slightly cooled it down and dropped out all of the saison yeast. From there, we “krausened” Carolina Gold with a batch of freshly fermenting Nebo Pilsner. An old world technique typically not employed today, the sugars and lager yeast added into Carolina Gold from Nebo resulted in an additional fermentation and therefore, natural carbonation. With a total production time of 8 weeks, this lagered saison drinks snappier, drier and crisper than most actual lagers.
A staple crop in the early 19th century, the Carolinas were an early producer of rice
until farming ultimately moved further south to warmer climates. A staple beer
for us, we have been brewing a rendition of this beer since our first year as a
brewery. The addition of the heritage rice lends a smooth and creamy mouthfeel
with a crisp dry finish similar to a bud heavy, but much, much better.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer is shipped once a week on Wednesdays. All orders placed after Tuesday will be shipped the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 2, 4, 6 and 12
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases