a bourbon barrel-rested belgian-style winter warmer ale brewed with spices
Mashed with a contemplative and complex blend of barley malt, sunset wheat and both light and dark munich malts, all courtesy of our buds at Riverbend Malt House. As per tradition, a massive amount of dark candi syrup was added to the boil for increased complexity, a boosted ABV and to facilitate a perceived dryness. Fermented with our house belgian yeast strain which provides wonderfully traditional phenolics up the nose. Briefly rested in bourbon barrels and from there conditioned on a delicate blend of spices that include coriander, nutmeg, orange peel, star anise and vanilla.
Inspired by the longstanding tradition of Belgian breweries releasing special beers for the Christmas season, these were some of the early offerings that got us excited about what beer could be. Crushingly dry and alarmingly alcoholic, this Belgian beauty is all about balanced complexity. Boasting complex aromatics of spiced figgy pudding, bourbon-soaked raisin cake and orange shortbread cookies.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases