Lake James Ice
Appalachian adjunct lager brewed with local barley and local heritage corn.
Mashed with local two row barley and a blend of three distinct varieties of heritage corn, grown only 2 miles down the road from our farmhouse brewery in Nebo, North Carolina. Fermented cool with our preferred lager yeast strain until bone dry and lagered cold until crisp and crushable.
Employing some incredibly technical brewing skills, this is the first in the series highlighted by a decoction mash. An old world practice, the process involves removing a portion of the main mash and bringing it up to a boil. Going through a series of steps, this process is said to provide a depth to the finished beer, not possible otherwise. In addition, a technique known as spunding, we closed off ICE during fermentation in order to capture all of the CO2 being expelled and trapping it into solution. The result yields an unparalleled crisp lager beer with tiny dancing bubbles which form a frothy rocky head. Total production time of six weeks.
As the cold temperatures of winter settle in, we know that an alcohol boost in a crushable light lager is just the thing to provide some much needed warmth. With the same crushability as the other lagers in this series, we are certain this is a beer that any ICE fishing grandpa would have slugged. Best paired with warm carhartt gloves, falling snowflakes, ICE fishing or immediately following a polar plunge into beautiful lake james.
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases