a traditional springtime lagerbier.
Mashed with local pilsner malt along with a pinch of local Vienna and Munich malts. Moderately hopped with some of our favorite old world noble varieties. Fermented cool with our preferred house lager yeast and conditioned cold for nearly four additional weeks until remarkably smooth and crushingly crisp.
With suggestions of honey and lightly toasted bread, this beautifully golden lagerbier is the perfect way to celebrate the ushering of Spring.
Employing some incredibly technical brewing skills, Maibock went through a decoction step during the mash.. An old world practice, the process involves removing a portion of the main mash and bringing it up to a boil. Going through a series of steps, this process is said to provide a depth to the finished beer, not possible otherwise. In addition, a technique known as spunding, we closed off Maibock during fermentation in order to capture all of the CO2 being expelled and instead, trapping it into solution. The result yields an unparalleled crisp lager beer with tiny dancing bubbles which form a frothy rocky head.
Total production time of 6 weeks.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases