a traditional and toasty autumnal lager beer.
Mashed with a decidedly delicate blend of local pilsner, vienna, munich and honey malts, courtesy of our friends at Epiphany Craft Malting. Delicately hopped with noble varieties add depth and complexity while letting the toast and biscuit aromas and flavor from the malt truly shine. Fermented cool with our preferred lager yeast strain until bone dry and lagered cold until crisp and crushable.
Employing some incredibly technical brewing skills, we chose to keep the malt build rather simple and drive complexity through a decoction mash. An old world practice, the process involves removing a portion of the main mash and bringing it up to a boil. Going through a series of steps, this process is said to provide a depth and color to the finished beer, not possible otherwise. In addition, a technique known as spunding, we closed off Märzen during fermentation in order to capture all of the CO2 being expelled and trapping it into solution. The result yields an unparalleled crisp lager beer with tiny dancing bubbles which form a frothy rocky head. Total production time of seven weeks.
As the scorching hot summer days yield to crisp and cool autumnal nights, for us, this beer and this particular style, is the perfect toasty crusher to pair with the changing of the seasons. Märzen pairs best with a dimple mug, leiderhosen/drindl, whole grain mustard and crisp fall air. Prost!
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases