Might Could (available for pickup beginning 6/18)
a mixed-culture ale brewed with estate-grown cherrywood.
Waaaaaaaaaay back in June of 2019, our good friends from Little Fish Brewing in Athens, Ohio, agreed to come party down with us for our annual State of Origin beer festival we throw here in Morganton, NC. We figured since they were making the haul through the misty mountains of West Virginia to come see us, we might could work on a beer together.
As we spend a lot of time talking about the idea of “sense of place” around here, something that will always stick with me (Todd, hi!) is Ohio being the first place that offered me that. Having grown up in Cleveland, Ohio and spending some later years in Athens, collaborating with this truly rad little brewery is one way to tie both places together.
From them, they scrounged up some awesome caramelized and malted oats, courtesy of Haus Malts of Cleveland, Ohio. From us, we pointed out a downed cherry tree on our property and thought, “we might could use that wood in this beer”. And so we did and thus it was.
Mashed with local pilsner malt along with heaps of OH malted and caramelized oats for outrageous depth and complexity. Steeped on estate-grown cherrywood, which quite frankly contributes a gnarly amount of cherry/earth/forest floor profile that you didn’t even know you were looking for. Fermented with our mixed house cultures and conditioned in neutral wine barrels for nearly 16 months. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases