Might Should (available for pickup beginning 6/18)
a mixed-culture ale brewed with estate-grown cherrywood and fermented on whole cherries.
Waaaaaaaaaay back in June of 2019, our good friends from Little Fish Brewing in Athens, Ohio, agreed to come party down with us for our annual State of Origin beer festival we throw here in Morganton, NC. We figured since they were making the haul through the misty mountains of West Virginia to come see us, we might could work on a beer together.
As we spend a lot of time talking about the idea of “sense of place” around here, something that will always stick with me (Todd, hi!) is Ohio being the first place that offered me that. Having grown up in Cleveland, Ohio and spending some later years in Athens, collaborating with this truly rad little brewery is one way to tie both places together.
From them, they scrounged up some awesome caramelized and malted oats, courtesy of Haus Malts of Cleveland, Ohio. From us, we pointed out a downed cherry tree on our property and thought, “we might could use that wood in this beer”. And here is where it got even more juicy. We realized we made just a bit too much of the woody base so we said to ourselves, “we might should put some whole cherries in a portion of this”. So we did and here it is.
Mashed with local pilsner malt along with heaps of OH malted and caramelized oats for outrageous depth and complexity. Steeped on estate-grown cherrywood, which quite frankly contributes a gnarly amount of cherry/earth/forest floor profile that you didn’t even know you were looking for. Fermented with our mixed house cultures atop whole Michigan cherries and matured in neutral wine barrels for nearly 16 months. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer is shipped once a week on Wednesdays. All orders placed after Tuesday will be shipped the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 2, 4, 6 and 12
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases