Snug Glove (Blackberry Wine BA) (available for pickup beginning 8/20)
Appalachian Wild Ale with blackberries Aged in Blackberry Wine Barrels
Appalachian Wild Ale brewed with local barley and local raw wheat. Boiled with burlap-aged hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in one of our beautiful American-made oak foeders courtesy of our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak for 4-6 months of aging. Transferred out of oak onto a massive amount of local blackberries from the harvest of 2020. Fermented and aged on the berries for 3-4 months and transferred back into red wine barrels. Matured in the wine barrels for an additional 6 months. After this initial period in neutral wine barrels, this yummy treat was then transferred into freshly dumped blackberry wine barrels.
12-15 months old at time of bottling. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg. Blackberries were grown at River Ridge Organics of Grayson County, Virginia and were harvested in the summer of 2020. The absurd level of fruiting, paired with an extra long maturation time spread between two different barrels, allowed this 2021 Snug Glove to boast an intense jammy profile. The additional slumber in the blackberry wine barrels contributed even more blackberry jamminess with a more pronounced barrel profile and slightly beefed up alcohol presence.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer is shipped once a week on Wednesdays. All orders placed after Tuesday will be shipped the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 2, 4, 6 and 12
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases