a doppelbock-style lagerbier
Crafted in collaboration with the lager making homies of Zillicoah Beer Co. of Asheville, North Carolina. Mashed with local pilsner malt along with heaps of toasty Vienna and Munich malts from our friends at Riverbend Malt House of Asheville, North Carolina. Boiled exclusively in our open-top oak foeder with hot granite rocks, gathered from a quarry in Black Mountain, inside the flames of local cherry and oak. This is the magnificence of steinbier. The rocks are pulled from the flames, dipped into the wort and with a sensational sizzle, a mind-bending amount of caramelization is achieved. Fermented cool with a house favorite lager yeast and conditioned cold for an extra long time. Precisely the way lagers were intended to be.
Our third release of this truly special beer, this cold weather crusher provides delicate notes of Highland scotch whisky and crème brûlée. Along with rich minerality, this iteration of a traditional doppelbock is one of our very seasonal offerings.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases