an english-style dark mild ale brewed with honey stinger waffles
Brewed in collaboration with our gnar shredding buds at Overmountain Cycles of Morganton NC and released for their annual Barn Burner MTN bike race which starts and finishes at our Whippoorwill Farm.
Mashed with a simple yet complex grain build consisting of local barley malt courtesy of our good friends at Riverbend Malt House of Asheville, NC along with a contemplative and traditional blend of the world’s finest caramel and crystal malts. Fermented with our preferred house English yeast strain for an ample body with a decidedly dry finish. As a playful treat for our cycling cohorts, we threw heaps of honey stinger waffles into the mash.
As brewers, an english dark mild is one of our very favorite styles of beer to consume. We’ve been lucky enough to consume dimple after dimple of traditional dark mild in England and are completely smitten with the style.
Expect notes of traditional snappy biscuits, caramel toffy and of course honey drenched waffles. With a low ABV of just 3.8%, this flavorful english treat is the perfect pre or post-ride crusher.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases