we won’t even think of
Appalachian Wild Ale Fermented with Petit Manseng Grapes.
Appalachian Wild Ale mashed with local barley and local raw wheat. Boiled with burlap-aged
hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in one of our big beautiful oak foeders, meticulously crafted by our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak barrels for 4-6 months of aging. Transferred out of oak onto a delicate amount of local petit manseng grapes, harvested in late summer of 2019. Fermented and aged on the grapes for 3-4 months and transferred back into red wine barrels for further maturation. From there, this lovely beer rested in barrels until we removed it for bottling in March of 2021. 15 month blend at time of bottling. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle. The grapes were grown by the talented folks at Jones von Drehle of Thurmond, North Carolina.
An elusive grape for us, we have been trying to get white grapes, specifically petit manseng grapes, for a very long time. Typically never as fruitful as the vineyard intended, Jones von Drehle has always been forced to keep this grape close to home. When the opportunity presented itself to obtain these grapes, we jumped in the truck and picked them up.
Boasting huge notes of funk, barrel depth and mineral rich white grapes, this delicate blend drinks like a spritzy and funky natty wine. Our fingers are crossed for more delicious white grapes in the future but in the meantime, drink it while you got it. Cheers!
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer is shipped once a week on Wednesdays. All orders placed after Tuesday will be shipped the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 2, 4, 6 and 12
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases