a baltic-style porter brewed with hickory bark.
Brewed in collaboration with Half Acre Beer Co. of Chicago, Illinois. Mashed with local barley malt along with a delicate blend of the finest caramel, chocolate and roasted malts. Boiled with locally foraged shagbark hickory bark. Fermented cool and conditioned cold with our preferred house lager yeast. Lagered for six weeks for an incredibly smooth. Expect a beautifully nuanced and textured chocolate and coffee profile along with rich and complex notes of the barren yet beautiful winter forest.
An ongoing collaboration with our dear friends at Half Acre Beer Co., these incredible folks represent the very first collaboration ever brewed at our Whippoorwill Farm production facility. With a brewery and building in complete disarray, we welcomed our Windy City friends with a team building yoga sesh, pour over coffee on a pallet table and a hike up Shortoff Mountain. What has become one of our very favorite winter releases, now more than ever, we are incredibly grateful for past experiences and how they have shaped who we have become as a brewery. Best consumed on the tippy top of Shortoff Mountain, on the windiest day possible.
Out of Stock
Email when stock available
- Beer shipments will go out at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week. Orders placed before Tuesdays at 5pm will go out by the end of that same week. Orders placed anytime after 5pm on Tuesdays will guarantee shipment at the beginning of the following week.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia
- ABAS Members: Don't forget to use your Coupon Code to receive 10% off public site purchases